Betting on horse races started in the United Kingdom in the 1600s, in the reign of King James I. The adrenaline during a horse race is truly spectacular and horse racing betting just adds to the excitement. Although it seems like the horse race is a straight start-to-finish game, the bets are not so straightforward.
Online Horse Racing Betting:
Horse racing betting online has made it easier for bettors to place bets on the horse race when you cannot actually go to the race. These websites also provide horse racing betting tips. Some websites for horse racing betting online are:
- Royal Panda
- Spin Sports
Horse Racing Betting Guide:
To start placing bets on horse races, first one must know the types of bets there are in horse racing. There are two categories of wagers, they are- straight wagers and exotic wagers. Here you have horse racing betting explained:
- Straight Wagers – In such a wager, you can place a bet on only one horse.
- Exotic Wagers – Here, you can place multiple bets on multiple horses in one race.
Here’s a horse racing betting guide on types of straight wagers and exotic wagers.
Straight Wagers – Here, you can bet on one horse:
- ➢ Win: Betting that your horse will come first in the race. The payout is high in such a bet. If your horse wins, you can collect your money.
- ➢ Place: Betting that your horse will finish in the first or second place. This wager’s payout is lower than a winning wager.
- ➢ Show: Betting that your horse will come in the first, second or third place. There are higher chances of winning such a bet, but the payout will be low.
- ➢ Across the Board: When you place this bet, you’re betting that your horse will win, place and show. This is also called a ‘combo straight wager.’
Exotic Wagers – Such wagers allow you to bet on multiple horses in a single wager, thereby increasing your chances of making a profit.
- Exacta: Betting on two horses that they will finish in the first and second place in the exact order.
- Quinella: Betting on two horses that they will finish in the first and second place in any order.
- Trifecta: Betting on three horses that they will finish in the first, second and third place in the exact order.
- Superfecta: Betting on three horses that they will finish in the first, second and third place in any order.
Horse racing betting rules say that in combined or multiple bets if you place a place/show bet and your horse finishes second, you get the place/show money. If the horse finishes third, then you get the show money.
Horse Racing Betting Strategy:
If you want to play safe, you should go for the ‘across the board’ bet. Although it is expensive, it is safer as the chances of winning are higher and you can make at least some of your money back. Combining two or more types of bets may be beneficial for winning.
Horse Racing Betting in India:
Horse racing betting in India is a popular pastime for Indians. Most Indians place their bets in turf clubs and online. Due to the keen interest shown in this sport by many Indians, many websites now live to stream the race online.
It is needless to say how famous betting is in India. Whether it is cricket or horse racing, a gambling-addicted person will surely place a bet. Well, betting in a cricket game is a lot easier than horse racing. However, by following the horse racing betting strategy, you can surely earn a big amount of money.